Sloppy Joe Under a Bun
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Transfer to a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk just until blended. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 423 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 27, 2019
This is a very tasty version of a sloppy joe! I also top with peas and mash potatoes and call it shepard's pie!
Sep 27, 2019
Try topping this with cornbread...even Mexican cornbread and adding onions, green peppers and your own sloppy joe sauce. Much better!
Nov 17, 2015
This is a great, kid friendly recipe. My kids are in their 20's now and still love it. Sometimes I top this with frozen tater-tots instead of the biscuit mixture for something different.
Nov 15, 2015
we liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Big hit in the house tonight. So simple and easy to make
Jun 23, 2014
I made this last night and it was a huge hit! I used 2 lbs of beef (by mistake, I forgot I wanted to save half for another meal) so I increased the bisquick and we had plenty leftover for another night. And that was after 3 out the 4 of us had seconds! Next time I make it, I think I'll double the recipe and freeze half of the meat mixture for later. Then I can just thaw it, add the cheese and Bisquick and have a quick, satisfying dinner on a busy night.
Jul 25, 2013
This is a simple and tasty recipe that feeds a crowd. I would definitely make it again- it was a real people pleaser!
Mar 4, 2012
The beef part was very good but was overpowered by the too large amount of bread. Next time I'll use less.
Nov 8, 2011
Good concept, turned out perfectly but the taste was a disappointment. Our family isn't the kind that likes everything super hot or spicy but we found this to be very bland. If I wanted to try this again I would have change the seasoning a lot.
Dec 18, 2010
My grandchildren love this recipe. So much so, that I double the ingredients to make a larger batch. I do add extra sauce, the kids love the sloppiness of the dish...