This old-fashioned stew has a slightly sweet taste from the addition of canned corn. You can make the stew ahead of time and reheat it for a quick meal later on. - Clair Long, Destrehan, Louisiana
Recommended: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p132
Reviews forSloppy Joe Stew
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2010
"It's very tasty. Its the kind of soup you make once in a while. Its not good to make over and over again"