Dinner will be served in no time with this kid-friendly main dish from Maynard, Minnesota's Marlene Harguth. Get little ones involved by letting them stir together the meaty filling and spoon it onto the crust.
Recommended: Top 10 Super Bowl Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Roll out each rectangle between two pieces of waxed paper to fit an 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Grease the dish and place one rectangle inside. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and sloppy joe mix; spoon over crust. Sprinkle with cheese; top with remaining dough. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sloppy Joe Hot Dish in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p55