- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook hash browns in batches according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the sloppy joe sauce, chili sauce and pepper; heat through.
- Place two hash brown patties on each plate; top with meat sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSloppy Joe Hash Browns
"my family loves this, very easy!!!"
"This is so delicious! My son & i loved it! easy, comforting & tasty!"
"I am not a big health nut...but this looks like it could be changed to be a little more healthy. Maybe instead of frying the hash browns, you could bake them. You could even place them in a pan and put sloppy joe meat on top and bake. Being sure to use low-fat meat would be good too. Tasty, yet a little to unhealthy."
"Great recipe for teens. My 15 year old son had his friends over and they asked for the recipe."