- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, sloppy joe sauce, corn, mushrooms and seasoned salt.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSloppy Joe Casserole
"This was good. I made it pretty much according to directions, except using a homemade sloppy joe sauce (food.com recipe 63689), which I made a bit extra of to make it extra saucy. I cooked 1 c of brown rice, so it may have been a bit extra. All in all, it was wolfed down by the whole family."
"Family loved it! I did not have any corn so used about 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies thawed and it was great. Also did not have mushrooms. Used brown rice to up the nutritional value as well. Definitely a keeper."