Sloppy Joe BLT's Recipe
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomato, cheeses and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper; spoon over salad mixture and toss to coat. Spoon about 3/4 cup over six bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1042mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Sloppy Joe BLT's
"Delicious and fast!"
"My kids are not big fans of the traditional BLT's and they were leary of trying this recipe but they went ahead and tried it and now they want it all the time. I often use croiscant bread when I make them and I also add avocados and a smidge of 1000 island dressing."