Slimy Stewed Worms
I top spaghetti "worms" with a hearty meat sauce for a mouthwatering that's guaranteed to please all of your party guests.—Shelley Way, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next 13 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add spaghetti; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Slimey Stewed Worms in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.