- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup cola
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a large saucepan, bring mandarin orange juice and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 50 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved oranges. Refrigerate 3 hours longer or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlimy Red Goop Salad
"Great Halloween recipe"
"This was a huge hit at a True Blood finale party as "The True Death." Simple, refreshing and delicious!"
"Everyone LOVED this recipe last year. The kids and adults alike. Panicked when I couldn't find my copy of it from last year. A couple friends are already asking if I will serve this at our annual Halloween get together. So many of these so-called Halloween recipes don't actually taste good. This one does.It stores well and really does look CREEPY!!"