VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with cheese and parsley. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Slim Italian Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p20