Slim Asian Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these sinfully delicious variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with cilantro. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 39 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Asian Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.