Slice & Bake Orange Spice Wafers
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and corn syrup. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, orange zest, allspice, cloves and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 6-in. rolls; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie (calculated without addtional sugar): 23 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2012
yes I would make them again,but I had to bake them longer,the taste is great
Dec 19, 2012
Tasteless. Store bought plain gingersnaps are better. The recipe sounded great but fell flat. Won't make again.
Dec 19, 2012
I made these to put into the Christmas boxes of friends and loved ones...got great reviews and will be making them next Christmas for sure!! a real keeper
Dec 18, 2012
Has anyone tried this recipe? I was thinking of adding it to my Christmas cookie tray this year, but with only 2 tsp. orange peel in the whole recipe, I can't see how there would be much of any orange flavor to them.