Slice & Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Toasting the pecans makes a huge difference in the taste of these cookies. The double chocolate drizzle also satisfies my cravings for chocolate. They are so fancy looking your guests will think they came from the best baker in town!—Lindsay Weiss, Overland Park, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into four 6-in. logs; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Repeat with white chips. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 86 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.