Slam Dunk Crab Dip
The spirited crowd we invite to our home to watch college basketball is quick to dig in to this delectable dip. It's a great use of imitation crabmeat, with red pepper and green onions adding color and crunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation flaked crabmeat or 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the crab, onions, red pepper, curry powder and garlic salt. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 45 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Slam Dunk Crab Dip in Taste of Home December/January 1999
Nov 9, 2017
Dec 4, 2014
My seafood loving family enjoyed this dip. I used the imitation crab, so it made for a tasty affordable seafood dish.
Apr 12, 2009
Very Good! My family loved it. I will make it again.