- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, peppers, mustard, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper until blended.
- Using a small and a large straw, decorate each egg to make a skull with eyes, a nose and a mouth. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Place crushed chips in a shallow bowl. Dip each exposed yolk into chips. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSkull Deviled Eggs
"These are adorable and perfect for Halloween! I added more mayo than called for in the recipe and only half the vinegar. Served them on a bed of corn chips as shown. Spooky, yummy and fun!! Everyone loved them!"