- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forSkinny Tortilla Soup
"SImply delicious and SO simple to make!! I added a can of mexican diced tomatoes and only put in a small amount of cheese while cooking. For serving, I added a dollop of sour cream, a few tortilla chips and a bit of cheese to the bowls. Loved this, will definitely make again!"
"This is very good. I used it to use up some of my left over turkey! My dad and my boyfriend even liked it. Awesome recipe!!!! I will make it again!"
"I made this soup tonight even though the temp. was nearly 100º here in Texas. It was super easy to prepare and my husband declared it a keeper. There are lots of possibilities with this recipe but it was delicious just as it reads. Definitely a five star recipe. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My 18 year old son's exact words: Oh Yeah. We all totally loved this soup and will make it over and over again. It is so good and good for you."
"This was a great recipe. Highly recommended!"
"So easy, fast and delicious! I added fresh chopped tomatoes and skipped the cheese. It's so good you won't miss the extra calories!"
"This was a yummy, easy, quick soup. I omitted the chips and added 1/4 tsp. chili powder and 1/4 tsp. cumin, and sprinkled chopped fresh cilantro immediately before serving. For more color, I added a cup of canned drained diced tomatoes. I skipped the 2 cups of cheese and instead only sprinkled a handful of cheese over each bowl immediately before serving. For us this was more like 3 dinner-sized servings (not 7 servings)."