- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked ziti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, oregano and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and milk; bring to a boil. Add ziti; cook for 7-8 minutes or until ziti is tender, adding broccoli and red peppers during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Ziti with Chicken and Broccoli
"First time cooking macaroni in the sauce, won't be the last. The garlic was a nice touch."
"This was good. Only a four because it was a little too thin of a sauce for me. It had good flavor though and would make again with a few tweaks."
"I made this tonight and eliminated the onions and red peppers, added juice of a whole lemon and used 1 cup milk and 1 1/2 cups heavy cream! It was a HUGE hit! My 7 year old gave it a 10 out of 10! Its definitely a keeper!"
"Seems to be tricky getting all the pasta to cook evenly in the skillet & cut the red pepper flakes by 1/2. Still very tasty!"
"One star only because it tasted ok. It was a liquidy disgusting mess with over cooked broccoli at the end of the cooking time. Just gross. I can't even bear to serve this to my husband tonight. Choked down a bowl for myself and threw the rest away. What a waste. I am an experienced cook. This was not a beginner's mistake."
"This recipe is a family favorite! We have a hard time finding ziti in the store, so we make it with penne and it turns out great. You do have to cook it a bit longer than what it says, but really it's not that difficult to cook it until the pasta is done to your likeness. We also added in more broth and milk. Yum!! Love the flavor from the garlic and red pepper flakes!"
"Yum! This was really good. I would definitely add olives at the last minute next time!!!"