Skillet Steak Fajitas
When friends call to ask me for a new recipe to try, I often suggest these flavorful fajitas. Just put the beef in the slow cooker before church and come home to a hot delicious main dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, seasoning blend, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately.
Oct 19, 2019Delicious and so easy to make. A hit with my family.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC