- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet cook the steak, onion and thyme over medium-high heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Add corn and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Steak and Corn
"easy fast good flavor. Great meal for week night!"
"I tried this years ago when the recipe was first printed. My family LOVES this. We'll add an extra can of tomatoes and its still delicious."
"Meat nice and tender, flavors subtle...we thought it was fine, just didn't think it was anything special. I also thought it was better without the rice."
"one of my favorite recipes of all time ."