Skillet Seasoned Rice
I recently put together a special cookbook for folks who cook for themselves. One of my favorite recipes inside the book is this nicely seasoned rice.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.