VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in margarine until onion is tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Skillet Seasoned Rice in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p248