- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and reserved drippings. Return to skillet.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Sausage Cornbread
"This was delicious, although a little dry. My kids put pancake syrup on it and went back for seconds and thirds. Yummy!"