VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and reserved drippings. Return to skillet.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Sausage Corn Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p32
Reviews forSkillet Sausage Corn Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
"This was delicious, although a little dry. My kids put pancake syrup on it and went back for seconds and thirds. Yummy!"