I've used this recipe successfully with steak, antelope and venison. I generally serve it with red cabbage and egg noodles that have been sprinkled with poppy seeds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 6 cookies)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in oil until beef is browned and onion is tender. Add gingersnaps and allspice to the skillet. Slowly stir in beef broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until mixture is thickened, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the vinegar; mix well. Serve over noodles.