- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Add onion; cook until tender. Pour broth around chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-16 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Stir jelly and ginger into broth. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over pork chops and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Pork Chops
"You would think the grape jelly will not be a good mix in the sauce. To my surprise, it was!!! This recipe was super easy & the sauce is EXCELLENT !!!"
"It was good, but not memorable! I would eat it again, but not take the time to make it."
"I normally have grape jelly on hand due to grandchildern but often use peach or apricot, all of them do equally tastewise"