Skillet Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook until tender. Pour broth over chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-16 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Stir jelly and ginger into broth. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops and rice.
Jan 25, 2010
You would think the grape jelly will not be a good mix in the sauce. To my surprise, it was!!! This recipe was super easy & the sauce is EXCELLENT !!!
Oct 25, 2009
It was good, but not memorable! I would eat it again, but not take the time to make it.
Oct 23, 2009
I normally have grape jelly on hand due to grandchildern but often use peach or apricot, all of them do equally tastewise