Skillet Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook until tender. Pour broth over chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-16 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Stir jelly and ginger into broth. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops and rice.
Jan 25, 2010
You would think the grape jelly will not be a good mix in the sauce. To my surprise, it was!!! This recipe was super easy & the sauce is EXCELLENT !!!
Oct 25, 2009
It was good, but not memorable! I would eat it again, but not take the time to make it.
Oct 23, 2009
I normally have grape jelly on hand due to grandchildern but often use peach or apricot, all of them do equally tastewise
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.