- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine apples, onion and water. Place pork chops over apple mixture; drizzle chops with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chops reads 145°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Pork Chops with Apples & Onion
"i liked the apples and onions combination. Balsamic vinaigrette was a little over-powering, will try less of it next time or substitute something else."
"The pork was perfect in this, tender and flavorful. The apples took on too much of the vinegar flavor though. I loved that this was a one pot dish too - less dishes rocks!!"
"Haven't made it this way- (nice touch with the apple slices) I always simmered in about 3/4 cup of apple juice & 1/4 cup water. Will try the balsamic vinaigrette."
"Really liked these pork chops! Nice flavor. I made my own balsamic vinaigrette. Chops were tender and the balsamic glazed apples and onions were perfect."
"Not a favorite - the balsamic vinaigrette is overpowering in this dish."
"very tasty! ...I like softer apples, so added more water at the end of cooking to steam them and make them softer. I also added a little bit (about 1 teaspoon) of sugar sprinkled over the apples while cooking."