Meet the Cook: I created this recipe during a hot spell one summer. With the temperature in the 90's every day, I didn't want to turn on the oven. So I decided to make our favorite family pizza in a skillet instead! Anyone who likes pizza, has kids or just wants a quick and simple meal would likely enjoy Skillet Pizza. It's great to take along to get-togethers, too - you can prepare it at home, then just plug in the skillet when you arrive. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Grease a 12-in. electric or stove-top skillet. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions.
- 2. Line bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of the skillet with dough. Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano; spread over dough. Layer pepperoni, onion, green pepper and olives over sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and cook over medium heat (set electric skillet to 375°) for 15 minutes or until crust is brown on bottom and cheese is melted. Slide out onto a cutting board and cut into wedges or squares. Serve immediately.
2 slices: 438 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1139mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 3, 2017
Quick, easy and very tasty! Thanks for sharing.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC