Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Apr 12, 2014
Made this for dinner for my husband and I.i thought the beef broth taste was very overwhelming.i won't be making this again.
Sep 23, 2013
Very good, not as fast as using jarred sauce, but it tastes ten times better. I doubled the recipe and added half a bay leaf and a can of drained diced tomatoes. The clear advantage here is using one pot to make the dish, a definite time saver. I like this and may abandoned jarred sauce altogether.
Dec 17, 2011
Very good recipe. Will make again. Didnt add the mushrooms
Sep 7, 2011
My husband and grandkids loved it. I had to email to the other Grandma. Will definitely make again.
Jul 23, 2010
Aug 11, 2009
This is a very good recipe! I would recommend adding a bit more beef broth so it is not so thick - maybe 1 1/2 cups. Also, you may need to stir it while it's simmering occasionally!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.