- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the broth, water, tomato paste, seasonings and spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Pasta
"Very good, not as fast as using jarred sauce, but it tastes ten times better. I doubled the recipe and added half a bay leaf and a can of drained diced tomatoes. The clear advantage here is using one pot to make the dish, a definite time saver. I like this and may abandoned jarred sauce altogether."
"Very good recipe. Will make again. Didnt add the mushrooms"
"My husband and grandkids loved it. I had to email to the other Grandma. Will definitely make again."
"This is a very good recipe! I would recommend adding a bit more beef broth so it is not so thick - maybe 1 1/2 cups. Also, you may need to stir it while it's simmering occasionally!"