- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced fresh jalapenos, shredded lettuce and lime wedges
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, corn, rice, water, taco seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes until rice is tender and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Divide tortilla chips among six plates; spoon beef mixture over chips. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Nachos
"To cut back on the sodium, I omitted the salt and used my own taco seasoning mix which is sodium-free. You could also use the unsalted variety of tortilla chips to cut back even more. Husband approved, we will having this again for sure."
"Made this last night, and we really liked it! Very fast and easy."