Skillet Lo Mein
For a worthy side dish, offer up Skillet Lo Mein, from Debbie Stadtler of Fredericksburg, Virginia. The Szechuan sauce coats the vegetables and pasta, and the added ginger comes through nicely. Debbie occasionally adds a little heat, “If you like spicy, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper with the ginger, “she suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen Szechuan stir-fry vegetables with sauce, thawed
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir in the stir-fry vegetables, contents of seasoning packet, carrot, celery, onion, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain spaghetti; stir into vegetable mixture.