- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and mushrooms until tender. Stir in ham, pepper, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Top with green onions and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Ham & Rice
"Next time I will add more rice as it wasn't quite enough. It's a good thing I chose to just have a salad. I used my IP (10 minutes and NPR) and used Uncle Ben's flavored rice. Great recipe."
"My kids loved this! I added chopped frozen broccoli and used all chicken broth with instant brown rice. I did have to add more liquid."
"easy meal to prepare."
"When my husband requested a "quick" dinner I turned to this favorite of ours. I used instant brown rice instead of white, just as tasty. It takes more liquid and slightly longer cook time with the brown rice. My mother-in-law substituted green beans in place of the mushrooms and that was equally as good. Great dish for "2" people!"