Skillet Fish Dinner
This healthy recipe takes very little time. We enjoy it with a spinach salad and whole wheat rolls.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound cod, haddockor orange roughy fillets
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Hot cooked rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a skillet, saute the celery, green pepper and onion in oil until almost tender. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with fish fillets and sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes. Break fish into chunks. Cook about 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over rice. Serve with hot pepper sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Skillet Fish Dinner in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.