Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook 1 pound of ground beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, enchilada sauce, milk and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook remaining beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place about 1/4 cup taco-seasoned beef down the center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down over meat sauce in skillet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 512 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
I have made this recipe for many years and it's delicious. Please note, the ingredient list for the recipe does not include the taco seasoning.
May 30, 2016
Fantastic! Terrific flavor and easy to make.
Jun 17, 2011
This is the recipe my Mom used to make. It is sooooooo darn good!!!
Jan 31, 2011
The recipe published in Quick Cooking magazine calls for one envelope taco seasoning, which is not listed in the on-line recipe.
Jun 9, 2009
taco seasoning is for tacos, enchilada sauce is for enchiladas
Oct 14, 2008
How much taco seasoning? It is not listed in the recipe.