Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Cover and cook until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in wine or broth, butter, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
"I love this recipe. I actually only had White Zinfandel in stock for this so I used it. Tasted great. Had the liquor store been open ( Sunday ) I would have gotten white wine. The sauce was great and I used boneless chicken thighs instead also."
"So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!"
"easy to make and tasty. To spice it up, I add some cayenne pepper. My son love mushrooms, so I use fresh and triple the amount."
"This is a go to recipe. It has a wonderful flavor."
"I made this recipe using some leftover vinegar bbq chicken, it was delicious."
"Delicious and easy!"