- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup honey barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and red pepper to same pan; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Chicken with Barbecue Onion
"This is a simple, no-fuss dish that comes together in minutes and makes a great presentation on your plate. Perfect for a light weeknight dinner, or for unexpected guests. The only change I made was substituting the salt & pepper for my own easy house meat rub which is salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. The flavor of the finished dish is going to vary by your choice of barbecue sauce, but as long as it's a favorite, it can't go wrong."
"Would make again. Loved it. Will make it with thighs next time."