- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Mix first five ingredients and 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, saute chicken mixture until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in salsa and pepper mixture; heat through. Serve in tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Chicken Fajitas
"I always like how fast it is to throw together a fajita meal. The chicken was flavored nicely with seasonings. I used the smaller 6" tortillas which made them appear to be so full. Definitely a hit in our house!"
"This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. You can change the flavor by changing the flavors of the salsa. We've done with this a sweet mango salsa and it was amazing."
"Salsa added to the chicken was a nice deviation from our standard fajita recipe."