Skillet Chicken and Veggies Recipe
My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law put together a cookbook containing my husband's favorite meals when we got married. This stir-fry is one of the recipes in the book.—Annette Phillips, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time; remove from skillet and set aside. Discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and oregano; stir until smooth. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 592 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1147mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 52g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Veggies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC