Skillet Chicken and Veggies
My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law put together a cookbook containing my husband's favorite meals when we got married. This stir-fry is one of the recipes in the book.—Annette Phillips, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, a few pieces at a time; remove from skillet and set aside. Discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and oregano; stir until smooth. Add chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 592 calories, 35g fat (9g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1147mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 52g protein.
Originally published as Skillet Chicken and Vegetables in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.