Skillet Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing*
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2. Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 718 calories, 42g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
"I also love all the veggies in this recipe, instead of using mayonnaise I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese Onion & Chives spread and I thought it made it much tastier."
"Love all the veggies--but it seems a little dry to me. any thoughts on how to improve the sauce?"
"Just make sure to add a little salt and pepper!We love it!"