Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, garlic and basil in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onion and peppers. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into chicken mixture. Drain spaghetti; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 718 calories, 42g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
May 25, 2016
I also love all the veggies in this recipe, instead of using mayonnaise I used Philadelphia Cream Cheese Onion & Chives spread and I thought it made it much tastier.
Apr 12, 2012
Love all the veggies--but it seems a little dry to me. any thoughts on how to improve the sauce?
Jul 21, 2011
Just make sure to add a little salt and pepper!We love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.