Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine cornbread mix and seafood seasoning. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a lightly oiled large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in batches over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 22, 2011
The coating did not survive well in the pan.... :-(
Feb 15, 2010
This is such a great "batter" for fish. I've made it with catfish with great results, and tonight I'm going to try it with tilapia. It's so simple and light, and yet it tastes like it's fried. I'll be keeping this recipe handy!