Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine corn bread mix and seafood seasoning. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in batches over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 22, 2011
The coating did not survive well in the pan.... :-(
Feb 15, 2010
This is such a great "batter" for fish. I've made it with catfish with great results, and tonight I'm going to try it with tilapia. It's so simple and light, and yet it tastes like it's fried. I'll be keeping this recipe handy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.