If my family and friends gave out blue ribbons for their favorite casserole dish, this casserole would win with a fistful!—Joan Govier, Victoria Harbour, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1medium green pepper, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and parboiled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, soup, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in.baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 460 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1432mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Skillet Casserole in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.