- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt; mix well. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once. Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Bow Tie Lasagna
"My 6 year old loves this dish! This is a great go to weeknight meal and it freezes really well too."
"We love this! Always good!"
"One of my grandson's favorite. It's always the first thing they request for dinner and if they could, they would eat it every day!"
"This is delicious. The 4 star rating was only due to having to make a few adjustments to the liquid level. I'd read from a previous reviewer that the 1 1/2 c of water wasn't sufficient and she was right! Instead of adding more water, I added 1 c of organic beef stock and 1 c of pre-made spaghetti sauce I already had in the fridge. I felt it would make the sauce richer and it definitely did! I also added 3 c of the bow tie pasta instead of 2 1/2. Additionally, I mixed the cottage cheese/Parmesan mixture with about 1/3 c of light sour cream. After placing the spoonfuls of the mixture on top of the dish, I also added fresh shaved Parmesan over the entire top, then covered and let it cook an additional 10 minutes. Absolutely yummy! My family went crazy over it! I know it sounds like a lot of extra tweaking, but this is something I do so often, it just seemed natural to me."
"This recipe has been a family favorite for years! I like it because it's easy to make and tastes just like oven-baked lasagna."
"This recipe is definitely a family favorite! I've been making it ever since it first appeared in "Country" and my family always enjoys it. Not only is it easy to make, but it tastes great!"
"awesome!! All the taste of the lasagna w/o all the extra time,effort, and cheese!! ( we're making changes in our diet) I loved it, and so did the kiddos!!"
"I made a few changes to this recipe to be closer to our taste. Instead of diced tomatoes and tomato paste I just put 2 cans of tomato sauce (we do not like chucks of tomatoes). I also used half of a regular package of beef and put a little over 3/4 of a box of the bow tie pasta. It turned out great! My husband and I have agreed to put it on our list of favorite dinners. Yum!"
"Wow! The best "shortcut" lasagna I have ever had. This was so good and captured the flavor while saving the time and work! Anyone who makes hamburger helper lasagna would be nuts not to make this instead. I cut the recipe in half and it turned out perfectly."
"Delicious and easy when you don't have time to make a baked lasagne! It tastes just as great!"