- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cooked cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and 1/4 cup green onions over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in mixed vegetables, salsa and barbecue sauce; cook, covered, over medium-low heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Layer stuffing over beef; sprinkle with cheese, red pepper and remaining green onion. Cook, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet BBQ Beef Pot Pie
"4servings? More like 8-10. It was okay, don't understand the mix of ingredients though. Probably won't make again. Just okay."
"Delicious and very quick to make! Great summer meal that doesn't use the oven!"
"My husband and I really liked this. I used frozen corn and peas, but had some fresh baby carrots leftover, so I steamed those then chopped them up. I used Stouffer's Stovetop Cornbread Stuffing. We loved the crunch of the peppers and onions on the top. I do think that it could use a tad more cheese, and a tad more of the salsa/bbq sauce. I think I might increase the sauce by about 1/8 cup each. Overally, a delicious meal that we'll make again!"