- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops and apple; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and apple is golden brown. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chops and apple. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Apple Pork Chops
"This was a good, healthy recipe but my family didn't care for the crushed red pepper. Thought it made it too hot and took away from the apple flavor."
"This was really good! I didn't have sage."