- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 to 10 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- In a Dutch oven, place half of the meat, potatoes and carrots. Repeat layers. Add water and tomato sauce; sprinkle onion soup mix over the top. Do not stir. Cover and bake at 250° for 5 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSkier's Stew
"My family loved this stew. I modified it a bit. First, I added a whole coarsely chopped yellow sweet onion, I made my own onion mix from a recipe on TasteofHome.com, I used a 28 oz. can of chunky tomato sauce, added white and red turnips and finally, I used chuck roast from Earth Fare and had the butcher cube it for me. The meat was very tender!! The tomatoes give it a little tangy flavor, which was delicious. I let it sit for about 2 hours after it finished cooking and it was still warm for dinner and the veggies were tender. Made 6 big servings."
"Better than my stew"
"This recipe is so easy yet so delicious"
"This was a hit at my house ,very tasty indeed thank you for sharing , I will make it again soon:))"
"Mark loved it"
"I followed this recipe to the letter and it was AWFUL. Carrots and potatoes were still crunchy. We had to order pizza."
"it was really good. In stead of water i used vegatable stock and beef broth. plus i added celery too."
"Add salt and pepper for additional flavor."