Skewered Shrimp & Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 16 uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eight wedges
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, halved
- 8 grape tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting frequently with reserved marinade. If desired, serve with rice; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 skewers: 221 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 8, 2012
Very good. Had a scampi type test to them.
Jun 24, 2012
Easy to make and even my 2-year-old ate the shrimp. I recommend setting aside some of the marinade to put the veggies in too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.