Skewered Lamb with Blackberry-Balsamic Glaze
This dish proves that it only takes a couple of simple, high-quality ingredients to make a phenomenal dinner. I love serving these at parties, but they're also good for a weeknight dinner. —Elynor Townsend, Summerfield, Florida
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds lean boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, vinegar, rosemary and mustard. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add lamb. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread lamb onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place kabobs on greased grill rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°;medium-well, 145°), turning once and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with salt before serving.