Skewered Ginger Beef Recipe
Jean Gaines of Russellville, Kentucky marinates and skewers several servings of this dish, freezing extras for future events. "Not only do these tender slices of beef make a quick and easy dinner," she says, "but they make impressive appetizers, too."
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread steak onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Skewered Ginger Beef
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC